Professional success is just one of the pillars reflective of MDRT levels of excellence. While members must meet a certain level of premium, commission or income during the year, they must also adhere to strict ethical standards. They must love helping others with their financial needs, and ensuring that they are prepared in the event of a catastrophe. MDRT members come together not for accolades and personal gain, but to share how they provide peace of mind, save lives, and protect the futures of clients.
Annual Requirements by Country
|Qualifier||Member||Court of the Table||Top of the Table|
The production in local currency divided by the Conversion Factor creates an equivalent amount to the U.S. production requirement.
2018 Qualifying Methods
A minimum of USD 95,000 of eligible commissions paid is required. Of this total, a minimum of USD 47,500 of paid commissions (50 percent of the requirement) must come from products listed in the Unlimited Credit category.
A minimum of USD 190,000 of eligible paid premium is required. Of this total, a minimum of USD 95,000 of premium (50 percent of the requirement) must come from products listed in the Unlimited Credit category.
Income qualification method
A minimum of USD 164,000 in annual gross income from the sale of insurance and financial products is required. A minimum of USD 47,500 must be income from new business generated during the production year. Further, a minimum of USD 47,500 must be derived from income associated with risk-protection products (products eligible for Unlimited Credit under the commission or premium methods). It is possible that the same business, for example the sale of new life insurance policies, could satisfy both requirements.
Products outside of those sold by life insurance companies are considered limited sources of production. These sources can count toward qualification only after you have achieved at least 50 percent of MDRT-qualifying production through unlimited means. For specific examples, please see these full requirements.
Code of Ethics
Members of the Million Dollar Round Table should be ever mindful that complete compliance with and observance of the Code of Ethics of the Million Dollar Round Table shall serve to promote the highest quality standards of membership. These standards will be beneficial to the public and the insurance and financial services profession. Therefore, members shall:
- Always place the best interests of their clients above their own direct or indirect interests.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional competence and give the best possible advice to clients by seeking to maintain and improve professional knowledge, skills and competence.
- Hold in strictest confidence, and consider as privileged, all business and personal information pertaining to their clients' affairs.
- Make full and adequate disclosure of all facts necessary to enable clients to make informed decisions.
- Maintain personal conduct which will reflect favorably on the insurance and financial services profession and MDRT the Million Dollar Round Table.
- Determine that any replacement of an insurance or financial product must be beneficial for the client.
- Abide by and conform to all provisions of the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which they do business.
Professional association membership requirement
When applying for MDRT membership, applicants from the countries listed below must be members in good standing of a professional association.
Trinidad & Tobago