Mentoring - 2019 Updates
2019 Annual Meeting and Global Conference aspirant registration eligibility requirements
The MDRT Annual Meeting and MDRT Global Conference have been described as career-changing experiences and meetings par excellence — but registration is open to MDRT members only.
Members will be given priority for registration for both the Annual Meeting and Global Conference. However, aspirants will be able to register after member registration starting April 1, 2019 7:00 a.m. CST; please note that seats are not guaranteed and recent meetings have sold out.
Aspirants will be eligible to register for one of these meetings, space permitting, if three criteria are met:
- You are enrolled in the Mentoring Program by March 1, 2019.
- Your mentor is approved for current MDRT membership and has registered to attend the same 2019 meeting as you.
- You have achieved at least 50 percent of the MDRT membership production requirement (USD 48,000 in commission or USD 96,000 in premium). You may attend a second time as an aspirant if you achieve 75 percent of the MDRT production requirement and your mentor is also registered to attend. 2018 production must be reported and all certifying letters received and verified before March 1, 2019.
After the member registration period, if all criteria have been met, the aspirant will receive an “Approved to Register” email. Space is limited and registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If an aspirant has previously attended the meeting as an MDRT member, they may not attend as an aspirant.
Annual Meeting: June 9–12, 2019, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
MDRT Global Conference - Sydney: September 1–4, 2019, Sydney, Australia, AUS
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming soon to the MDRT Mentoring Program
MDRT is introducing some exciting new changes to the MDRT Mentoring Program. These enhancements to the existing format will begin in January 2019, with a full rollout of the new platform before the end of 2019.
We understand the challenges facing new producers as they enter this business, and we recognize that a strong mentor can make the difference between success and failure. The revamped Mentoring Program will provide a more robust structure and enhanced tools — with the goal of facilitating quality mentor-mentee relationships. It also will include resources to help with goal setting, milestone tracking, task management, data analytics and progress reports.
Our goal is to enhance the mentoring experience to drive increased productivity, engagement and professional growth.
MDRT Mentoring Program FAQs
- How much does it cost? Enrollment in the MDRT Mentoring Program is free.
- What is the production requirement? There is no production requirement. However, production must be reported by March 1 (for the preceding year) to remain in the program and be eligible to register for livestreaming or attendance at the Annual Meeting or Global Conference.
- When can I apply? Enrollment in the MDRT Mentoring Program is open year-round.
- What is the enrollment period? The enrollment period is four years from the date of enrollment.
- Who is eligible to be a mentor? All mentors must be current MDRT members.
- What is included in the MDRT Mentoring Program? Mentoring teams receive access to MDRT’s Resource Zone, as well as monthly emails highlighting a piece of content that can be used for fruitful conversations, and are eligible to register for live-streaming of the annual meetings.
- Can I be an aspirant if I used to be a member of MDRT? Advisors may not participate in the program as aspirants if they have had more than one year of MDRT membership.
- How do I join the MDRT Mentoring Program? There is no application to enroll in the Mentoring Program. Each aspirant needs to create a profile, with password and username, at mdrt.org/mentoring. Click on “Enroll in Program” and “New User Signup,” then follow the prompts and fill in all fields.
- Do both halves of a mentoring team need to enroll? Just the aspirant enrolls in the MDRT Mentoring Program, but they should include their mentor’s MDRT ID number. As long as the mentor is a current MDRT member, the aspirant will be able to enroll successfully.