The concept of mentoring has been an MDRT staple since the beginning — members helping those who aspire to join find solutions to qualify. It’s crucial for the long-term success of the aspiring member, it’s essential for the member by keeping them on track and by revisiting best practices with a peer. But now there is more to it.
MDRT’s all new mentor-mentee online matching program will now connect nonmembers with MDRT members and existing MDRT members with more-seasoned MDRT members.
“MDRT is a knowledge bank of financial service professionals. The biggest resource is the membership itself; interacting with MDRT members will change your mindset of how the financial profession is growing.”
Sanjay Tolani, Ph.D., MBA
HOW DOES THE MENTORING PROGRAM WORK?
Members and mentees can be from anywhere in the world. Your online profile preferences will match you to suggested colleagues, and MDRT will give your team the tools to guide your mentorship.
Open year-round, online. We’ll help match you:
Mentees – fill out your profile, search for MDRT mentors and get matched up with a member ready to get you to where you want to be
Mentors – pass on your knowledge to one, or more, financial advisors who are seeking out professional advice
MDRT will send you the tools to get your relationship going so you can:
- Follow a 12-month program
- Set milestones together
- Set goals as a team
- Track your progress
There is no charge, but there is one requirement:
The matching, content, tips, tools and results that come from this interaction are all part of the MDRT experience. The only requirement is that nonmember mentees must report their year-end production to MDRT annually.
ARE YOU RIGHT FOR MDRT'S MENTORING PROGRAM?
Nonmember mentees looking to achieve MDRT production levels
- Anyone in the financial services industry
- Have not been an MDRT member for more than a year
- Currently not producing at MDRT membership levels
MDRT Peer Mentoring for Member Mentee
MDRT members looking to boost their careers
- Any current MDRT member with a desire to grow through a one-on-one peer relationship with a mentor
Member mentee program will open March 2020.
MDRT Member Mentors
MDRT members willing to share their pathway to success
- Any current MDRT member with a desire to share their knowledge with another financial services professional in a mentor relationship.
2020 Annual Meeting and Global Conference mentee registration eligibility requirements
The MDRT Annual Meeting and MDRT Global Conference have been described as career-changing experiences and meetings par excellence — but registration is open to MDRT members only.
Members will be given priority for registration for both the Annual Meeting and Global Conference. Mentees will be able to register after member registration, provided there is still availability; please note that seats are not guaranteed and recent meetings have sold out.
Mentees will be eligible to register for one of these meetings, space permitting, if three criteria are met:
- You are enrolled in the Mentoring Program by March 1, 2020.
- Your mentor is approved for current MDRT membership and has registered to attend the same 2020 meeting as you.
- You have achieved at least 50 percent of the MDRT membership production requirement (USD 48,500 in commissions or USD 97,000 in premiums). You may attend a second time a mentee if you achieve 75 percent of the MDRT production requirement (USD 72,750 in commissions or USD 145,500 in premiums). 2019 production must be reported and all certifying letters received and verified by March 1, 2020.
After the member registration period, if all criteria have been met, the mentee will receive an “Approved to Register” email.
If a mentee has previously attended the meeting as an MDRT member, they may not attend as a mentee.
Annual Meeting – June 7–10, 2020, Anaheim, California, USA
MDRT Global Conference – August 30–September 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Coming soon to the MDRT Mentoring Program
MDRT is introducing some exciting new changes to the MDRT Mentoring Program. These enhancements to the existing format will begin at the end of 2019, with a full rollout of the new platform globally by June 2020.
We understand the challenges facing new producers as they enter this business, and we recognize that a strong mentor can make the difference between success and failure. The revamped Mentoring Program will provide a more robust structure and enhanced tools — with the goal of facilitating quality mentor-mentee relationships. It also will include resources to help with goal setting, milestone tracking, task management, data analytics and progress reports.
Our goal is to enhance the mentoring experience to drive increased productivity, engagement and professional growth.
MDRT Mentoring Program FAQs
- How much does it cost? Enrollment in the MDRT Mentoring Program is free.
- What is the production requirement? There is no production requirement. However, production must be reported by March 1 (for the preceding year) to remain in the program and be eligible to register to attend the Annual Meeting or Global Conference.
- When can I apply? Enrollment in the MDRT Mentoring Program is open year-round.
- How long is the program: The program is a 12-month guided plan
- Who is eligible to be a mentor? All mentors must be current MDRT members.
- What is included in the MDRT Mentoring Program? Mentoring teams receive access to MDRT’s Resource Zone, as well as monthly emails highlighting a piece of content that can be used for fruitful conversations. The new platform will include facilitated online matching, tools for goal setting and tracking, milestones and best-practice training.
- Can I be a mentee if I used to be a member of MDRT? Advisors may not participate in the program as a mentee if they have had more than one year of MDRT membership.
- How do I join the MDRT Mentoring Program? Enroll at mdrt.org/mentoring. Click on “Enroll in Program” and complete your profile. The system will prompt you and provide you with the best match for a mentor.
- Do both halves of a mentoring team need to enroll? Yes.