The online Speaker Recommendation Form is now closed for the 2019 MDRT Annual Meeting and 2019 MDRT Global Conference. The site will re-open in April of 2019 for the 2020 meetings. Thank you for your interest in MDRT!
Speaking at an MDRT meeting
Types of Speaking Opportunities
Opening Ceremony and Main Platform Sessions
- General Sessions, i.e no competing programming
- Main Platform sessions are 3 hours long and feature multiple speakers. There is no keynote.
- TED Talk like format with presentation length typically 15-30 minutes as determined by the Program Development Committee
- Interpreted into 10-15 languages
- 10-18 nonmember openings each year
- Open to MDRT members only
- Quick 1 or 2 idea sharing presentations
- 3-5 minute in length
- Main Platform quality presenters and content which require more time than available on Main Platform
- Four concurrent sessions with interpretation
- Presentation length typically 45-60 minutes
- Three to six nonmember openings each year
- Includes one session for MDRT top membership levels and two “additional fee” sessions which include a meal.
- Industry, business education and technical sessions
- Presentation length 60 or 90 minutes
- Practical applications for professional and personal life for financial advisors
-Language specific sessions are presented in Cantonese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and Thai. Individuals fluent in these languages are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Speakers must be willing to customize content to MDRT audience
- The Program Development Committee looks for speakers who engage the audience with their delivery and content, not lectures.
- Political, religious and U.S.-centric speakers or topics are not considered appropriate for our Annual Meeting.
- Main Platform presentations tend to be address big picture, general concepts and trends. Special Sessions and Focus Sessions content is more specific with practical take-aways. Cornerstone sessions can be deeper exploration of big picture, general concepts content.
Main Platform, Cornerstone and Special Session Topics
- Business Strategies and Practices, Coaching/Mentoring, Economic and Future Trends, Health and Well- Being, Humor, Inspiration, Leadership, Change Management, Marketing and Branding, Motivation, Sales Strategies and Techniques, Technology Integration and Trends, Whole Person
- Risk based products; Insurance in Action; Retirement Planning; Wealth Management; Economic and Future Trends; Staffing, Business Processes, Coaching, Compliance, Fee based practices; Office efficiency and technology; Time management, Succession planning, Prospecting, Referrals, Branding, Communications Techniques, Social Media, Target/Niche marketing, Balanced living, Health
- If selected, all speakers are required to submit a Presentation Document (aka "manuscript") of their presentation.
- Speaker selection for the MDRT Annual Meeting is member-driven. All speakers are selected by the Program Development Committee (PDC). Approximately 500 potential speakers are reviewed each year. Recommendations are received from MDRT members, Program Committee members and individual speakers in addition to those received from speaker bureaus.
- MDRT looks for speakers with messages that provide transferable ideas and strategies that can enhance attendees’ professional practice and impact their personal lives. They are not necessarily well-known speakers.
- MDRT seeks speakers who can engage the audience, not give a lecture.
- Individuals who are producers selling products that would make them eligible to join MDRT must be or become MDRT members in 2019.
- The goal is to achieve a balance between member and nonmember speakers.
2019 Speaker Selection Timeline - MDRT Annual meeting
August/September, 2018 - Select Focus Session potential speakers invited to submit presentation proposals; Proposal Review; Weekly review of submitted Main Platform, Cornerstone, Special Session potential speaker videos.
October, 2018 - Speaker Selection and Notification
November/December, 2018 - Speaker contracting
2019 Speaker Selection Timeline - Global Conference
November/December, 2018 - Select Focus Session potential speakers invited to submit presentation proposals; Proposal Review; Weekly review of submitted Main Platform, Cornerstone, Special Session potential speaker videos.
January, 2019 - Speaker Selection and Notification
February/March, 2019 - Speaker contracting
Members – MDRT does not pay an honorarium or speaking fee to members.