Wherever you are in your career journey, MDRT has mentoring options to help you take it to the next level.
Members and mentees can be from anywhere in the world. Your online profile preferences will match you to suggested colleagues, and MDRT will give your team the tools to guide your mentorship.
Mentees – fill out your profile, search for MDRT mentors and get matched up with a member ready to get you to where you want to be
Mentors – pass on your knowledge to one, or more, financial advisors who are seeking out professional advice
- Follow a 12-month program
- Set milestones together
- Set goals as a team
- Track your progress
Annual Meeting and Global Conference Eligibility RequirementsAs an enrolled mentee in the MDRT Mentoring Program, or as an Academy member, you are eligible to attend the MDRT Annual Meeting or Global Conference, which are said to be life changing experiences to further your career. The following criteria must be met to be eligible to register to attend.
- An advisor may attend a maximum of two meetings while a being a member of the MDRT Academy or in the MDRT Mentoring Program. Only one MDRT meeting may be attended in a year
- If an advisor has ever attended an MDRT meeting as an MDRT member, they are not eligible to attend as a mentee or MDRT Academy member.
- The advisor must be enrolled and connected in the mentoring program or be a member of the MDRT Academy by March 1 of the meeting year.
- If qualifying as a mentee, your mentor must also be registered to attend the same meeting.
- To attend a meeting your first time, the mentee or MDRT Academy member must meet a threshold of 50 percent of eligible commissions paid or 50 percent of eligible premiums paid of that year’s MDRT membership requirement (based on the previous year's production). Please click here for current member production detail.
- To attend a second time, the mentee or MDRT Academy member must meet a threshold of 75 percent of eligible commissions paid or 75 percent of eligible premiums paid of that year’s MDRT membership requirement (based on the previous year's production). Please click here for current member production detail.
- If production is submitted on a data file submitted by your company, then no certifying letter is required for validation. If the mentee or MDRT Academy member is submitting production individually, a certifying letter signed by an official of the company is required. For a copy of the certifying letter, please see click here for detail. Production must be submitted before March 31.
- All mentees and MDRT Academy members will pay the same registration fee as MDRT members. Contact email@example.com for further information or questions.
How the Peer Mentoring Program Works for MDRT Members:
Current members of the MDRT community who meet Membership Requirements are eligible to participate in the mentoring program either with a peer, or as a mentor to an aspiring member in the Academy.
Using our self-matching tool, MDRT members can enroll any time of the year by completing their profile and filtering for members with complimentary skill sets and interests. Pair up for a 12-month, guided cycle.
Using the custom training and resources provided by MDRT, pairs work together to define goals and identify steps to achieve them. Use our digital tool to log your progress at least every 120 days to stay active in the program.
At the end of 12 months, members reflect on the past year and the progress that was made. Celebrate your successes and identify next steps for the future. There is no limit to how many times an MDRT member can participate in the program.
The MDRT mentoring program is currently available in the following langages:
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
Become a Mentor
Are you a current MDRT member with a desire to share your knowledge and expertise with a non-member financial service professional in a mentoring relationship?
MDRT Mentoring Program FAQs
What are the requirements to enroll?
There is no production requirement. However, production must be reported by March 31 (for the preceding year) to be eligible to register to attend the Annual Meeting or Global Conference. You must also have a unique email address.
When can I apply?
Enrollment in the MDRT Mentoring Program is open year-round.
How long is the program?
The program is a 12-month guided plan.
Who is eligible to be a mentor?
All mentors must be current MDRT members.
What is included in the MDRT Mentoring Program?
Mentoring teams receive access to MDRT’s Resource Zone, as well as monthly emails highlighting a piece of content that can be used for fruitful conversations. The new platform will include facilitated online matching, tools for goal setting and tracking, milestones and best-practice training.
Do both halves of a mentoring team need to enroll?
How many mentees can a mentor have?
The best practice is no more than two mentees per mentor.
What happens if I’m not engaged once I enroll?
Participants must log in and have activity in the platform within 120 days from date of connection or the connection will close, and they will no longer be enrolled in the program.
Is there a limit to how many times I go through the program?
No, there is no limit to the number of times you can go through the 12-month program.
How do I find a mentor?
The platform facilitates self-matching and allows the mentee to “filter” for criteria when selecting a mentor such as country, language, company, etc. You will be prompted to send email invites to suggested mentors.
Is there training for new mentors?
Yes, the program provides training in best practices for the mentor and the mentee.
What other benefits come with the mentoring program?
A mentee may be eligible to attend the MDRT Annual Meeting or Global Conference with their mentor if they meet certain criteria. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Learn about all the ways to connect to MDRT members.
Family of Brands
Leverage the opportunities provided by MDRT, the MDRT Academy and MDRT Global Services to connect with like-minded professionals and propel your career forward. These organizations make up the MDRT Family of Brands, dedicated to elevating the financial services community.Learn more
Members gain access to the MDRT Member Directory, enabling them to easily reach out and connect with others across the association. Members can follow up with those they've met at MDRT conferences or build new relationships with colleagues in their area or around the world.Learn more
Attend an MDRT event to access first-class speakers who can offer unparalleled industry insights. These events bring together premier financial services professionals for an exceptional networking experience for all attendees.Learn more